BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sponge in the Drain

 
My memories linger
My thoughts won't just turn to dust
That life just wont wash away
It's just rubble filling in the cave

My heart is like a sponge stuck in the drain
Everything filters through
Soak me up and squeeze me out
Sop up the blood, clean up the stain

Wash me with soap and suds
Let the blur sting in my eyes
You were that light that shone bright
but you blew a fuse and I got misused

I thought you were a lovely candle
Turns out you're just a lighter
You can't catch a wick
and you get too hot to stay lit

You were like a bird in the blue
Never expected the sky to break
and you got rained out of the sky
and hit the ground, never runnin'

You're like the toothpick
that got stuck in the holder
You never made it out and
you won't make it back to my mouth

I'm like a sponge in the drain
Stick me in the dishwasher
Wash me, squeeze me free of sorrow
Don't worry, I'll be fine tomorrow


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2009

0 comments: