BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Restored

All in one moment my heart was left
of love, of life and of romance bereft
Such speech ne'er left a soul so dead
No prose ere before left a spirit so black.
Deny it as I would, neither bleak spirit,
nor empty soul could stay secret for long
So loud it cried when to the surface it came
that to my rescue another romantic hied
How my heart unraveled at his words
a counterlogic my heart could not've spell'd
those words unwound these tight binds
and broke the darkness, lifted me to light
What magic is this? Only romantics could know
Yea fortune brought such tenderness to mend
a heart as hardened and broken as this
A heart that nigh swore it felt no longer
but a heart near cursed to die without love
Jamais, jamais, was the unhappy cry of my heart,
now toujours it says to romance, joy anew...

© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2010

0 comments: