BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Night's Knight

A small fracture cracks and ripples slowly
tearing pinches at a time through a fragile vessel
The blood pumps in techno bursts, throbb. throbb.

I've hidden my face for the night, buried in the sounds
covered in paints, hidden in the cloak of nights sorrow
The howls in the air mask the silent groans of the heart

I hear only your music drifting from miles to my ear
So much do I long to know answers unknown that
my mind begins to imagine them as in drunken stupor

Though just hours before my mind was weaving diligently
Weaving my thoughts and the threads of the heart back
back together as one, back together to make it whole

The sounds of mischievous stars winking from the sky
unravelled my mind and set it spinning, the spindle broken
In twists and jerks my body moves. mechanical. untrained.

My eyes try to learn to see, but the blur of tears restrains them
my heart has been so shy, yet you, shy as well, coaxed it forth
only to become frightened, overwhelmed by nights light, to run...

Hide not your face, for mine is already hidden away with sorrow!
Don't run from me -- I've already run. We run from the very same
Can we keep running from the same thing? and keep seeking the same?

A shudder tears through my spine, sending me back to your arms
I'm caught up by your grace and am overcome with your sanctuary
How is it you are so protective of me when my very fears frighten you?

A sense of chivalry breaks tragedy, the shell cracks and breaks away
Your fears nulled by an overwhelming love, a desire to tend to ladylove
Oh knight, break your fears of night, and ride with me to dawns light...


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2011

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KingKnight's reply: All of these fears are dear to me, my dearest of them all Vagabond is that you roll away from you fevered sleep and find your self crashing against the summers hot beaches, salted and baked by our father the Sun and skin kissed by our life's water. Wake M* and look amidst the knights of half assed chivalry, there is a darker more solid one among the wrecks of vanity plating and foreign colors.

Iva said...

Michele,

I know it's been a while, but first of all I wish you the very best in everything.

I'm currently working on a book for my photography portfolio and am emailing you with the intention of asking for your permission to add the photos I took of you from last year. My clients have viewed my site and to this day, your photos have proven to be among the strongest and most admired. Admittedly, they're still some of my personal favorite photos and have not been able to replicate them.

I won't be making any profits from the book since it'll only be around to showcase my work as a photographer. I couldn't pay you for them, but to the very least, this would be small addition to your portfolio.

I hope to hear from you soon.
Congratulations with everything you've accomplished.
-Iva, ivamana@gmail.com

(P.S. I wasn't too sure if the contact form from your other site was working, and I remembered this site in particular)