BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Creative Fury!

From humble beginnings they came
filled with fury, drive and passion
Love unparalleled, passion unmatched
Talent? Unbridled.
They could not be trapped
Could not, would not be tamed.
A heart that teems with creativity
comes with a mad mind,
screaming to be heard,
writing like mad to be heard,
painting, creating to be known.

What icon could be stopped?
What master would be restrained?
None, for they would not have been.
A fury for life, love and creativity
They would not be told no
they would not be controlled by those
who claimed to have a heart in love
Who would stay their wild hearts
for someone who wants to cage them
to tame them with so-called 'love'?
A heart so wild could never feel loved
A spirit like that would lash out in force

Wild abandon is what keeps us.
What would Coco be if tamed?
How could Dali have hidden the bizarre?
And how could I be kept down
when I feel only fury burning inside me
with every moment I am told 'no'
with every moment I am judged for my need
to create. to spin wild tales. to run free.
How could I stay calm when objection says
You base your worth on futile things.
Not my worth, dear fool.
Were your every pore seeping with this energy
you would understand,
You would step aside


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2011

0 comments: