BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 5, 2009

Sparkling Memories

 
Laying in sleep
sweet sleep it was
I heard a song
the song from your lips
your fingers on the frets

I missed the sound
of your voice,
the scents I recall
of my acrylic paints
For us, life had just begun

I missed the dance
when you, with a glance
would take me
by the hand,
sweep me off my feet

The low light of the room
the smell of your cologne
you smelled as sweet
as champagne,
though we only had mojito

I missed you,
flashing your uneven grin,
your white button-down shirt
and all the cutest ways
you used to flirt

I'm sad it ended so
But memories still sparkle
Now I paint for life and love
I dance for joy, and every new day
brings new, fuller life and breath


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2009


0 comments: