BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

deserving better

with the tears rushing down my face
i realize these wounds are still
far too fresh to fade away

I think about you one last time
but i cant let myself make that mistake
not again. so i turn my back on you

How could you let it take you so long?
To realize I was the one you'd been asking for?
That i was all you had been waiting for

Why did you have to play my heart
i wish it could sound like sweet melody
instead its a broken string, so out of tune

Why did it take you ruining what we had
to finally find that I was the one
who would always love you, and was strong

It happened so fast, and Im happy Im free
but i hoped i'd be to you, what you were to me
instead my heart still cries like a storm in the night

How could you not see that our hearts were right
and that I had fire, my heart brimming with love,
arms to carry you through, and passion that was true

Why did you have to say that through your mistakes
that you finally could see that you and i were meant to be?
Your lying cheating heart is not good enough for me.

You say Im what you've been hoping, wishing, praying for
But all this time, what i deserve is what you ignore
I deserve a heart much better; a heart that will- to me- be true.


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2010

0 comments: