BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spilled Milk...

Why do you try
over and over
Let me tell you
once and for all

The pieces don't fit
no they won't fit
We weren't the two.
I wasn't made for you

The one I need
will shelter me
The one I want
will know my heart

The one I'll have
will care for me
He'll see in my eyes
what you never tried

My dear and my love
he will know me, all of me

He'll let me cry in his arms
and know when I need to 

He'll know how to light my eyes
and what would make me smile
the things i long for, the surprise
He'll be there in the midst of trial

He will hold me
just the way I need
Touch me the way
that I long for

He'll never tell me
not to cry over spilt milk
When we know so well
you spilled much more than milk...


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2010

4 comments:

Stephen Monteith said...

You're an excellent writer.

Aimée said...

Thank you! It thrills me to hear that :)

Stephen Monteith said...

I love reading your poems. There's nothing quite like a woman who knows what she wants, how she feels, and how to communicate it.

Aimée said...

wow. thank you. I've never really thought about it that way - but you're completely right! There's plenty more to come, I'm sure
- Michèle