BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Way You Loved Me

My Love,
There is something about you
      Something I've always known
           now seems new...

The way you hold me
      for no reason at all
The way you kiss me
      just for smiling
           or saying hello

The way you kiss my fingertips
just because they're in your grasp
       just because you can

All these things,
      so new, serene,
          so delicate,
               sublime.

I love the way we gaze
     into the fridge,
         together,
with the same elegance and romance
        as though it were a window
to the streets of Italy, Spain, or France

You've always pushed my hair aside,
        just so,
but my dear, now it fits so perfectly
       as snugly as your hand fits in mine

Our intimate, close dancing-
       all the pieces begin to fit.
That comfort we've always had
       now even stronger than before

My dear, I would ask:
     how did we not know it before?
But I tell you, we've always known
      though the time was never yet ready
           it was always something more...

The way you captured me,
      the photos you would take
Always had so much charm,
      elegance
           magic like none other

Now I see why -
It was always the way I looked at you
      the way you saw me
The princess you saw before you
      It was all in the way you loved me

© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2010

0 comments: