BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Guardian of [my] Dreams

Spectres haunt shadow hearts
Sugar coated dreams grow wilder
Every moment I have with you
the realm of dreams grows wider
A collision of waking and sleeping

Make it easy for me darling
let me wake up from you, from
the waking dream you've come to be
My heart has grown to bursting,
not with love, but stories, dreams

The stories that come streaming
The tales my waking dreams weave
all for you they come, and faster still
I love you not, but the stories will
I fear love, for that dreams do kill

Make a sugar-coated dream of me
and let me go, free me, let me be
In dreams I'll remember, I'll stay as me
I'll remember you so sweetly in mine too
Ideas that thoughts of you weave, stay sweet

Frightened by last nights nightmare terror
I find my heart afraid, to both gain and lose you
I won't lose my stories and what my life promises!
But I daren't let you go so soon, for you became
the muse to my ear, the guardian of my dreams

© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2011

0 comments: