BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dreamless Void

There was something about my bleeding heart,
my broken soul as moody as the changing sky
How I've tried to ignore this endless, languishing sorrow
but it always makes itself known to me all the more

Just as the skies roll with thunder, and gleam
with the breaking sunlight, so my heart rumbles
and thunders and breaks, while my lips shine
with a smile not to be subverted or be undone

Without warning, from the fracture comes the break
Watch how the tears come flooding! a deluge
of heartbreak, of pitiable wretchedness, a fractured
heart brimming with undiluted brokenness

So long were hopes caught as falling stars!
Everlong was sorrow put off in favor of hopes
and dreams urgently awaiting to be fulfilled,
fingers streaming with stories urging to be writ

As a virus, an illness that slowly overtakes the body
a lacuna formed between hopes and dreams and
all that was, until the gap grew. The interruption
became an all-embracing void, a starless, dreamless pit...


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2011

0 comments: