BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Speeding


Standing still
my life is racing
My body, unmoving,
My mind miles ahead
Slow me down
I'm ahead of myself
and can't catch up
I'm speeding ahead
and can't keep up
Slow down the pace
I missed the rose
as I raced by
and never got to smell
the sweet scent
that i forgot it kept
within its petals,
in colors I've forgot
My life is racing
and my love is speeding
I think I've forgotten
how to love
It's just a quick burst
a dew droplet in my eye
a spit of love
a taste of what I want
but a bite will never
fill me,
never satisfy
the longing my heart
has hidden in its folds
beneath my wings
where I hide my secrets
my scars
That's where they disappear
That's where they hide
Beneath the beauty
folded down
so comfortable
That's where I wish i were
cozy on a couch,
or in his arms
Whose arms, I don't know
but in my mind i remember
I had a wish for a man
who would treat me just so
and love me
never leave
and never see another
but only see me
and no other
now I wonder if I've lost
hope
is I can do, as I dream
but I'm speeding
by
my dreams are too slow
so I wake up
just to escape
I want to live
but I move too fast to
remember how....

© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2009

0 comments: