BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Damsel

 
I had high hopes
that you might be
my knight in shining armor
My prince charming
riding on your noble steed
or at least a handsome prince
who would care for this
princess' fragile heart

But nay, you were not
You were but a knight
seeking adventure,
seeking a damsel to save
and once I had been saved
you were off once again
seeking another adventure

Just when I thought
you had gone for good
I landed in distress anew.
In the moment I found
myself under duress
You rescued me
You came in the midst
of my distress,
all but to rescue my heart

Now my heart is glad,
for though you love me not,
you came quick to my side
and rescued me from woe!
You found me walking barefoot,
from the midst of wretchedness,
and lifted me, bleeding and broken,
onto your horse, and tended to me
You wrenched me from dragon's claw
and dragged me from his fiery lair
and brought me to still waters

So my darling prince
though you love me not
and though I neither seek return
nor long for your care
My heart is ever grateful
That twice, nay thrice!
you have thus rescued me
I incline my head to you,
my dear sir knight,
you have my respect
and a place in memory
as you go on your way
seeking more adventure


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2009

0 comments: