BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Something I read...

Sorry I haven't written in a few days. I've been in a moving process, and haven' yet had internet... or time to write, really. My family is up to visit too, which is nice :) Time to vacation out here on the beach and just roast, be carefree and do things I would never do without them! (Including going to an aquarium tomorrow, and bumming around some art museums I've been wanting to get to! Yes, I'm excited^^)


I was at the bookstore today with them - and I ran across a poem that really struck me. It's called Kindness by Naomi Shihab Nye. Here's a quote from it:

Before you know what kindness really is
you must lose things,
feel the future dissolve in a moment
like salt in a weakened broth.
What you held in your hand,
what you counted and carefully saved,
all this must go so you know
how desolate the landscape can be
between the regions of kindness.

Must I say why this was hit me?
Because I've felt the future dissolve in a moment.
I've felt everything go.
All of this, I have felt as of late,
and all of this has taught me new things,
it has brought me beyond despair, hate,
has made me not to hope
but to learn new faith.
I have learned to see with new eyes
eyes not my own
I have learned to be outside myself
and see what others cannot
I can see what I should not.
I see life, where I thought there was naught.

So to all who have loved and lost, or had a future and find none, or who had life and now face death -
have faith! Hold strong! This midnight adventure has just begun...

0 comments: