BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 26, 2010

Dreamer and a dream

She was just a dreamer
he was living her dream
While she worked hard
to get out of her small town
to pursue, to live her dream
He lived it, sighing for less

She worked behind a bar
ignoring her sorrows
He sat at a bar
drowning his sorrows in drink
His frustrations were her joy
and she could not see how
he was such a thankless boy

Once she loved him dear
but he quick forgot her
when they were far apart
She had wished to live that life
together with him
but he couldnt see her for her joy
he couldn't love her joy at all.

She was just a dreamer
While he lived her dream
But she knew, someday,
it would be more than a dream....


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2010

4 comments:

Corkille said...

I feel like "he" is almost not a person at all, but he is a sum of many, or the manifestation of simply good things gone wrong. Like the pursuit of rewards from difficult labor. Or at the least, no one in particular, however many consolidated particulars who have what she wants but doesn't seem to enjoy it. And because of that, there is an undertone of frustration throughout the entire poem.

"He lived it, sighing for less" I think is the key verse in the entire work.
I like it. There is not a wasted word, but each one is a guiding detail to keep "her" going on a similar path, with identical destinations, yet opposite, inherent results.

Tell me if I am wrong.

Aimée said...

Hi Corkille,
You're definitely not wrong :) Not to spoil the secrets in this piece of prose: but your interpretation is one of the meanings behind this one. It's simple (yes, it can be about a real 'he'), but also deeper (as you've interpreted).
I like seeing what you think, and wonder how many others see what you do behind my words. And Im glad not just to be sending words to nowhere and noone ;) Thanks!

Corkille said...

One of the meanings huh?
Dang, I got close!

Well, if you keep writing them, I will keep reading them.

Aimée said...

haha, awesome! That makes me glad :)
I don't know how long you've been following, but there's already alot there to catch up on ;) haha!

But yes! Definitely. I'll always keep writing :)