BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Love's End, So Fateful

Thank you, at last
for a gift so lovely
a gift that broke me
For a poison too familiar
For tears not unfamiliar
Your love was never
too sweet, too soft
because your love?
Never truly was.

Your love never could
be all mine ever would
your mind still young
you were such a child
with a heart too afraid
and a love that couldnt
nay - didn't know how-
how to take risks, to be
to be fully, completely
entirely in love, with me.

I say me, yes, only me
Not chasing another girl
following after other skirts
skirts not my own, not me
You heart was never true
and my heart always knew
but my heart, in love,
did as hearts do - overlooked.
Overlooked, and denied ---
and oh, how my heart cried

So thank you, fated lover
for your disappearance
for a heartbreak so fatal
a love's end so fateful
We were never meant to be
and now, thanks to you
I can finally clearly see
Tears cleansed my eye
and what I knew to be-
that you were not, nay,
could not be half that man
not the man I needed.
Now I can wait anew
for that man, better than you!


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2010

2 comments:

Corkille said...

I see that to her, integrity is the lifeblood of her attraction, but even though she could over look the poison, however familiar it was, the inevitable end was her antidote.

just like a child would play what they want to be when they grow older, his young, naive heart played her.

It sounds to me, as if he wasn't chasing a girl so much as skirts in the guise of girls. And that his short-sighted fears of risking love; nay, what he thought was love, betrayed him.

"You heart was never true
and my heart always knew
but my heart, in love,
did as hearts do - overlooked."
too good!


"couldnt
nay - didn't know how-
how to take risks,"
I like this as well. Its not that he was incapable of knowing. He is clearly at fault..
yet,
"you were not, nay,
could not be half that man"
His former fault led into this deficiency, that is now too far out of grasp for him to fix. Because he didnt know how to take the risks that love required, leaving all others in the pursuit of the one, he could not be the one that true love requires.

Aimée said...

exactly Corkille. That boy couldn't be, would NEVER be what true love required. The wrong two halves of a heart can never connect, can never piece together what is true love.
Integrity, passion, and all things pieces together that make up her heart -- his heart didn't complement hers, and couldn't fit it. His heart and heart heart both required things they could not fulfill.
His heart played hers (as you said), because it was intrigued by something, though he wasn't meant to have it. and yes, he liked the idea of me better than he liked ME.
I love you xoxox