BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Slow Down.

 
What would have happened
what could have been,
if time could have slowed...

In slow motion,
I would have seen
your heart as it skipped
skipped a beat
as you tried to tell me
tell me you loved me

But I was too quick
I knew the moment
but passed it by
flew by it too fast

Slowed down,
I would have seen
the selfishness
of other accusations
And we would still be.

But I listened too quick
I thought too fast
and felt too much
and I lost all I loved
I lost what was dear to me

Had we slowed down
You could have seen,
you would have felt
how my heart loved
you could have seen
the adoration in my voice
Heard the love
in my embrace

But you were too quick
Your mind raced too fast
You saw things 
not as they were
Speed distorted love

And now I find myself
Alone, and lonely
When I'd rather be 
with you
in your arms
listening to your heart beat

I wish I weren't
Alone. Lonely.
My heart's still brimming
brimming with love
a love that hurts so bad

What can I do with a heartache
For a love just reignited in me
A love that wasn't re-met...
How can I grieve...?
I just can't let my heart cry
Somehow I still hold on
I can't let go, though I know
I need to forget you--
Just once more.

But somehow?
I'm sure you'd meet me
You'd just find me
and still love me. again...

© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2010

0 comments: