BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 26, 2010

Last Goodbye

He had no idea
no, he'll never know.
Never know what he had
Never know what could've been.

He ended it.
Stopped it so cold,
He left my heart still burning
He never knew what could've been.

He had no idea
How much I loved
or my heart was brimming
when he told me we would be no more

It was cold
my world shattered
I hardly had time to know
What had hit me, before he was gone

My heart was
so full of love and life
and my dreams were ready
my life asking to be lived and shared

Then he was
gone. No warning
Just a love that never was
a chaser who's flame had fizzled.

I so wished
for a path back to him
a life with him, another chance
but hurt keeps us apart, still broken

My dear,
You don't know
What you've said no to
What a colorful life you could've had.

My love,
You have no idea
What chance you turned down
When you told my heart goodbye, for the last time.


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2010

2 comments:

Corkille said...

I like it. It is self awareness, but not overbearingly. She knows who she is. "Never know what he had"

She laments as much for him as she does for herself, because although she knows it was "the last time"; through the pain, she still cares for him above herself and is able to continue walking with her head held high.

Aimée said...

Thanks Corkille! :)
I love your analysis, and I'm tempted to say: you're exactly right! I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for reading :)