BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

absence

My heart is met with a gentle tinge of longing as I quietly -- unadmittedly -- await a trickle of your prose, a gentle sigh of poetry from your lips, or writ to me. A slight dawn in the back of my mind, a gentle nudge realizes that I do not know you so well... that the gentle gaze I met dream-ways I scarcely remember. -and, in truth, you are a man who, years on now, I've scarcely known. My thoughts wander far, as my heart tries to reminisce, but finds itself erring, retracing its steps only back through dreams. Could I know you at all? Would the man I meet be the man I thought? I hope you have not fooled my heart with a faux front of luscious words. I hope my imaginings have not been too unkind, in fantastic injustice; but I hope my heart has not been so generous that it crumbles with disappointment when we meet again....


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2010

0 comments: