BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Love-lost Limbo

I awake in dreams
not from reality
but to dreams
away from the surreal
to another real

But when in dreams, I go to sleep,
waking to dreary, broken reality
how am i to know what it is I escape?
Do i wake from dreams
or do i wake from reality, to dreams....

Before, in that surreal
My heart was
not worried
not bothered
not bent or broken
My escape.

Dream and real have now shifted
And he for whom my heart longed
has begun to haunt me- so i wish,
oh, i wish! to wake to my other reality
but am conflicted. what is real?

I wake
to dreams
Haunted
I sleep
to the real
heart alive

The world that once was my real world,
as my dreams were my favored reality
now haunted as he, no, they, follow me
They haunt me, and I cannot have them
Nor can I escape them, in this twisted earth,
this love-lost limbo for the loveless and lonely.


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2010

6 comments:

Corkille said...

Wow! I can relate to this very well. This is such a cool poem! It is my favorite one that you have done, and even though I do not really study poetry, this is the best one with the coolest insight I have ever read. Good job

Aimée said...

Thanks! haha, you leave the best comments ever! :D

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. "Do I wake from dreams or do I wake from reality" I have never really looked at it like that. That's something to wonder. I think it's important that we dream because, we find something that's true about ourselves.

Very cool.

Aimée said...

Thank you so much! :)
I'm glad I wrote something to make you wonder. It's always fun to stumble across a new thought or idea, and begin to ponder. Glad you liked it!
And don't forget to dream - because I think you're very right. There's something very honest and real about what we find out in dreams.

Unknown said...

This ties in with "Home to Me".
Very Deep!

Aimée said...

Thank you! I'm glad you think so :) I've been surprised by how much people can relate to this one, when I thought for sure it would just confuse people. haha!