BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 13, 2010

Could You Love Me Well?

Where are the Gentlemen...?
Men with their skewed fedoras
sitting atop their heads at a dangerous tilt
Men with lovely words on their lips
and literature stored library-like in their heads

Where are these men, as gentlemen?
who let girls be the ladies they long to be
The men without boorish manner
or vulgar thoughts unfit for daylight?
Gentlemen, let the ladies be ladies!

Oh shy gentleman, watching me slyly
you meek of word, hiding your love away
Why do you pronounce love in latter?
"My ladylove, how I once loved you so
-but was too shy to tell you, was I"

A mockery you make of ladies waiting
ladies waiting to be. A lady. A lady to you.
but instead fawned on by unseemly gits
who make a doe-eyed daisy, a beauty
feel like scum, to be doted on by such...

Take note, I am very much. too much...
for those unfit to have me on their arm
My insatiable curiosity is entirely tiresome
for those who wish to only be comfortable
For one who sees a prize, not a creator-love

I dare ask: If you knew me well, could you-
yes, would you! Could you love me well?
Could you not merely stand, but ever adore
me in my constant creativity, my need to love
my desire for knowledge of everything ever after

Or would you see me as unsatisfiable -- a bother
Would you find yourself too terribly annoyed
Restless at my 'prolific output'? Intimidated?
No, tis not what my heart needs. or could want!
Your own shiftless mind would be in my way

So my shy gentleman, you'd best ready your heart
don't think your heartfilled words will go to waste,
unless you let time wither away. Grab your hat,
fedora at tilt, books and french new wave in mind
and let the lovely words slip from your sweet tongue

If your heart is like mine, your mind as eager,
and your hands willing to work, then let it be!
Let's see the world! Who wants to settle down!?
Let your paints meet mine on a canvas we'll share.
If you knew me well, I'm sure you'd love me well


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2010

0 comments: