BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 1, 2010

unMemory

You were everything I wanted
-but then again none of it at all
We were so attached, so close-
but your eyes were so far away
You held me close, but we were
so far apart

When distance took us far
our hearts were closer than near
My close in ideal imagined love
You were all I wanted, if only,
yes, if only I imagined so

The same couldn't be said for you
You, who forgot me, drifting away
You forgot how your heart loved
when my heart was not beating,
no, not in rhythm alongside yours,
the smell of my hair in your breath

I, so many miles and minutes away,
felt your skin 'neath my fingers,
Your body pressed against mine,
your soft breath over my skin,
your arms strong 'round me,
holding me lovely

My mind has lost. forgotten. ideal.
perfect. imaginary. remembered you...
lost track of what really is. was.
would have. could have, was going to be.
Memory serves hearts in love? unwell.


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2010

4 comments:

Stephen Monteith said...

I hope he realizes, some day, what he's lost in you.

Aimée said...

I'm sure he won't (in the way he ought to).
- but I'm sure there will come one who will see what he has in me. someday :)
Thanks!

Corkille said...

Lol from the sounds of it, what he *had* in you

Unknown said...

O.K. you've got me now. Everything I have read has described the way I've felt for 9 years. Thank you for letting me know that I am not alone in this chaotic world. Keep up the good work.

With understanding,
Eks-press'o Poet