BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thanks.

A thank you-
to artists
to writers
to painters
-unafraid.
To photographers
cinematographers
and visionaries alike

To those who took the initial step
of overcoming fear
and stepping into the creative

It is this, that inspires me.

It is this, that drives me to become.
become more courageous,
more creative
more alive with every day.

Is it this that gives me cause
to live, to breathe, to create
to be.

This is my thanks
to artists
who made beauty
that made me feel
more alive

My thanks
to art that helped me
find my purpose
know my heart
and heal my wounds.

This is my thanks
knowing
that you have courage.
to create.

© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2010

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No.

Thank you for your creative thanks. I'm thankful for creative people. People who see the beauty in everything and are able to express their vision through art. I'm inspired by their courage, and I've never stopped thinking about how much I wanted to create and inspire myself.

Well said.

Aimée said...

Well thank you and you're welcome! I'm unbelievably glad to be able to see beauty everywhere and art in (nearly) everything!
Have you only wanted to create? Or do you? If not, please: do! It's good for the soul :)

Anonymous said...

I create as much as I can. I'm trying to hone on my skills so that people will actually want to see it and be inspired. It is delightful for the soul.

Corkille said...

Well, here is our thanks to you! From the wonder induced patrons and those who supplement their artistic needs with those who have a true gift and calling, Thanks. You express what many of us feel and take the step to unveil your struggles and hidden ideas, you set others free.

Aimée said...

Aww, you guys are wonderful!

Definitely keep honing your skill, and keep creating! It'd be great to see your creations soon :)

Corkille: You flatter me so! "Wonder induced patrons"? I didn't realize, but I really am incredibly honored. But more so, I'm thrilled that others have been 'set free' by my words! It was one things I accidentally set out to do - let my heart heal, and help others who didn't have the words? heal, and be set free :)