BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Jack of my Dreams

Dearest Gentleman, O Jack of my dreams
I daren't say, no, tis folly to admit that ye,
O most artfully spoken, thoughtful of men,
That thou'st become trapped in my thoughts
Yea, ye, sir Knight, do not slip my memories
Ye to whom my heart has become betrothed

Though tis ill-advised for a lady to admit
Ye, the man who pretends not to kiss n' tell
O my GentleJack, in my dreams do dwell
To be with thee, to be- O eternally! - thine
There is nothing other t' cross my mind

My love 'cross distance makes its pains
but such breach doth not diminish my love
Nay, only makes hearts longing grow strong'r
O dear heart, I beg of thee, tell of thy love!
Let my heart not pant in vain, at such cost
Prove thine own hearts lustless pains for me

So I bid thee, O GentleLove of my dreams
Let not thy love be as molasses, make haste!
Let love quick make its way to me, unbarred
Prithee let no words mark me as vixen or cur
Let no such err'd words pry thy heart from mine.


© copyright by Michèle Aimée Lahaie, 2010

0 comments: